A home named Walter learns how to heal his broken heart after a family he loves moves away in this poignant picture book about loss and renewal.
Walter was a happy home.
He loved the bustle and warmth of the family that lived with him. But when they move away, his feelings are hurt. He grows cold and quiet and only wants to be left alone.
So when a little girl and her mama move in, Walter is determined to get them out! But in his struggle to do so, Walter may just feel livable again and change how he feels.
Chelsea Lin Wallace has written a truly poignant story. With its classic sensibility, paired with Ginnie Hsu’s warm and lush illustrations, A Home Named Walter is a special story that will resonate with many readers for years to come.
Original song and music video (written and performed by Tara Trudel):
Articles & Interviews:
- 12×12 Featured Author Interview
- Scary Mommy feature article
- Laura Lavoie Blog: Writing from Empathic Perspectives
- KidLit Village: A Home Named Walter
- First Stories: A Home Named Walter
- Picture Book Therapy: A Home Named Walter
- Laura Roettiger Blog: A Home Named Walter
- Heather C. Morris First Stories Blog: A Home Named Walter